AILLA Conditions of Use
Conditions for Use of Archive Resources
All of the materials in the AILLA repository are protected by copyright. All copyrights are retained by the legal rights holders. AILLA users must respect the copyrights of the creators of the materials.
Resources deposited in the AILLA repository are protected by the AILLA Depositor License Agreement or by more specific agreements signed by the depositors and AILLA's directors. While AILLA can not guarantee that no violations of these agreements will occur, if we learn of a violation, AILLA will notify the AILLA community of the violation.
"I agree to the following conditions on the use of AILLA resources:
1. I will not use any resource in the AILLA database for commercial purposes.
2. I will respect the intellectual property rights and copyrights that pertain to AILLA's holdings.
3. I will not alter or modify any resource in the AILLA database without a legal authorization to do so, for example, explicit permission from the rights holder or Fair Use of Copyrighted Materials (US Code Title 17, Sec. 107).
4. I will not create works derived from any resource in the AILLA database, without a legal authorization to do so, for example, explicit permission from the rights holder or Fair Use of Copyrighted Materials (US Code Title 17, Sec. 107).
5. I will act in good faith in interactions with AILLA's User Registration and Graded Access Systems. This means that I will not attempt to disguise my electronic identity or impersonate an AILLA depositor or resource creator, and I will abide by the decisions made by resource controllers concerning access to AILLA resources.
6. If the metadata for a resource states that names of creators and participants must be kept anonymous, I will respect their anonymity in any spoken or written representation of that resource that I produce.
7. I will cite any AILLA resource that I make use of in any published work according to the AILLA Citation Guidelines."
If you produce transcriptions or translations or other derivative materials from AILLA resources that our user community would find interesting or useful, we would appreciate it if you would deposit those materials with us as well. AILLA has many recordings that are untranscribed, untranslated, and unanalyzed, and we hope that members of our user community will contribute to AILLA by helping to make these oral works more accessible with transcriptions, translation and analyses.
Thank you for your interest in our collection.